Firefighters responded to a home fire on the 1800 block of Packers Avenue before noon on Monday, July 11th. The fire began in the home’s basement and at least four people will be displaced due to damage.
The flames had already gone when the responders arrived, though reports stated that smoke was still coming out of the back and left of the house. The firefighters concluded that the fire had begun in the basement and spread through the rest of the house. Three people had been home at the time, but all got out safely. The house sustained about $50,000 in damages.
Violations of basic fire safety codes and other negligent property decisions can make a property owner liable to any victims injured in a fire on their property. If you sustained injuries in a fire that could have been prevented through proper fire safety precautions, speak with attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling (414) 271-0900 today.