Six departments took action in response to a house fire south of Stoughton that started on Thursday night, September 1.
Among them were crews from Stoughton, Oregon, Evansville, Edgerton, Brooklyn, and McFarland. Dane County dispatch said they received a call before 9 p.m. for the fire at 1821 Outlook Ct. Crews said when they arrived at the area, the garage was fully swallowed by the blaze and then it spread to the attic and house shortly. The occupant and his two dogs were able to escape and there were no other reports of injuries as of 9:45 p.m.
According to neighbors, there are no nearby fire hydrants, so fire trucks had to swap every few minutes. Stoughton EMS was also present and provided a rest area for firefighters on scene. The Red Cross assisted for the homeowner’s immediate needs. The total damage is estimated to be valued at $500,000.
There are suspicions that the fire was caused by a lawnmower stored in the garage that had been used earlier that day.
If you have a defective product that caused a fire or lost property due to fire damage at the hands of another party, you may be able to receive compensation from those liable to help you restore your property. Contact an attorney with Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling (414) 271-0900 as soon as possible.