Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Madison fire left family and pets homeless

Madison fire left family and pets homeless

Posted on September 26, 2016 4:22 pm under Fires and Explosions

A $65,000 worth of fire damage has left a family and their pets homeless Tuesday morning, September 13 on Madison’s east side.

A call to 911 was made for the 5200 block of Piccadilly Drive home after a neighbor saw a dark smoke. No smoke or flames were seen upon crews’ arrival, but two occupants were waiting for them outside. One of them revealed that he had left a pan of oil unattended for five to 10 minutes and when he came back, it was on fire.

There was a lot of smoke in the home when firefighters entered but the fire had extinguished itself after causing damage to the kitchen. Smoke damage could be found elsewhere in the home and four adults and one child were forced to leave the home. Three of the adults and the child sought help from the American Red Cross and no one was injured by the fire, including any animals.

If you or someone you know lost their home or was injured in a fire caused by the poor safety standards of another individual, there may be some financial relief in the form of compensation. Contact an attorney with Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at (414) 271-0900 to begin your legal journey in good hands.