Home / Blog / Personal Injury / Fire crews respond to leaking CO in Madison house

Fire crews respond to leaking CO in Madison house

Posted on October 24, 2016 3:15 pm under Personal Injury

Madison fire crews recently responded to a call regarding high levels of leaking carbon monoxide (CO) inside a house that frightened residents in the area, an article for Channel 3000 reported on October 19.

According to reports, the CO leak took place at a house in the 100 block of Andrew Way that have been reported by neighbors about 7:20 p.m. after a CO alarm went off. Fire crews in the area detected that CO levels inside the house went as high as “130 parts per million” which, according to them, is dangerous. The source of the leaking CO was later traced from a faulty water heater in the basement. Fire crews expelled the gas by using ventilation. Personnel from the Madison Gas and Electric were also in the area to turn off the gas line and advised residents that they will fix the problem first before activating it again.

Incidents such as this often result in people being harmed. If you were injured in such an incident in Appleton, a personal injury lawyer of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® might be able to help you get the compensation you need for treatment. Call us today at (414) 271-0900 to find out how we may work on your behalf.