Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Christmas lights caused home fire in Beloit

Christmas lights caused home fire in Beloit

Posted on November 2, 2016 2:00 pm under Fires and Explosions

Exposed wires that came into contact with one another as a part of the Christmas display at a Beloit home caused a small fire on Wednesday, November 2.

The fire prompted an emergency response just before 11:30 p.m. that evening at the 2226 Jackson Street residence. As reported by the man who called about the fire, the fire had started near the base of the home and had crept up the side of the building, approaching the roof. Both the man who made the call and his wife left the building safely and he began to throw water on the blaze, extinguishing a portion of it.

When firefighters arrived, they were able to put out the rest of the flames and remove some siding of the house to make sure the threat was entirely gone. The damage done by the fire is estimated at $5,000.

An incident of a fire brought by fire hazards could be prevented if proper fire safety precautions were practiced. If you happened to sustain injury from a fire, you might have the chance to recover damages through legal means. Speak with our Milwaukee fires attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® to find out more by calling (414) 271-0900 today.