Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Man safe in Minnesota house explosion and fire

Man safe in Minnesota house explosion and fire

Posted on November 8, 2016 3:33 pm under Fires and Explosions

A man was lucky to survive a recent house explosion and fire in Big Lake, Minnesota caused by leaking gas, an article of Fox 9 reported on Monday, November 7.

Reports said the explosion took place at a residential property on Hiawatha Avenue. One of the occupants in the house, identified as Rodney Shelton, reportedly detected the smell of gas and tried to determine its source. Shelton, according to a witness, was thrown by the explosion right after opening the door. A neighbor said a huge fire followed after the explosion, causing severe damage to the house. Upon detecting gas odor inside a house, a spokesperson for Centerpoint Energy advised people to immediately vacate the house and avoid doing anything that could spark the leaking gas, which may include cellphone use. Immediately call authorities once you are away from the leaking gas, the spokesperson also said.

Incidents such as this are catastrophic and often leave families suffering from a great financial burden. However, the explosion lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® may be able to help you get the compensation you need for a fast recovery. Call us today at (414) 271-0900 to learn more about your options.