A family in Upper Arlington, Ohio is expected to receive $37,500 in a settlement from Columbus after their house was damaged in a natural gas explosion last year, an article of Columbus Business First reported on November 7.
An investigation of the state’s Public Utilities Commission revealed the house of David and Beatrice Hamilton on 3430 Sunningdale Way was damaged by an explosion in March 2015 after an employee of Columbus water was negligent about identifying a gas valve that was left open. The explosion caused damages to at least 20 residential properties. Though the water system was owned by Upper Arlington, Columbus was the city operating it. The city of Columbus initially denied liability about the negligence but later agreed to settle the claim.
Aside from property damages, natural gas blast victims also suffer disabling injuries that prevent them from earning an income. If serious damage has harmed your lifestyle, a skilled legal team may be able to represent you so you can obtain compensations from negligent companies. Call the attorneys at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today by calling (414) 271-0900 to find out how we may work for you.