Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Cudahy fire damaged home garage and injures one

Cudahy fire damaged home garage and injures one

Posted on November 17, 2016 4:03 pm under Fires and Explosions

A detached garage was fully engulfed by a fire on Sunday, November 13, in Cudahy.

A tenant of the nearby home had been using a grill and knocked over some gasoline, which quickly spread to the garage around 1:00 p.m. The carport was quick to catch fire and the owner, neighbors, and tenants expressed hopelessness at the situation, especially from fear that the nearby home would also catch fire.

The strong wind that day helped the fire grow quickly, as did the mattress and wood stored in the garage. The small building is a total loss, and unfortunately contained some equipment for the owner’s business.

The only injury was that of the grill user, whose hands were burned.

If you sustained injuries in a fire that have been caused by preventable fire hazards, you can seek justice and compensation for the damages incurred. Speak with our Milwaukee fires attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® to know more about your options by calling (414) 271-0900 today.