Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Short-circuit humidifier causes fire at Janesville correctional building

Short-circuit humidifier causes fire at Janesville correctional building

Posted on November 18, 2016 4:26 pm under Fires and Explosions

A Janesville corrections facility experienced a small fire on Saturday, November 12, due to an appliance that had short-circuited.

Workers at the facility called emergency support when they noticed amounts of smoke coming out of the basement area. The Janesville Fire Department and Rock County Deputies arrived on the scene just before 11:00 a.m.

It was the Janesville firefighters who found the origin of the fire at a humidifier that had shorted. All of the fire damage was done to the basement flooring and there was smoke damage nearby.

If you sustained injuries in a fire caused by hazards at home or in the workplace, speak with experts on fire safety regulations. Milwaukee Fire attorneys with Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help you sort out your situation. Call them at (414) 271-0900 today.