What to do when you’re in a motorcycle accident?
Motorcycle accidents are a common occurrence in Milwaukee and across the state of Wisconsin, and the help of an attorney may be the key to your recovery. It is natural to feel overwhelmed when you have been involved in a motorcycle accident. Despite the challenges, however, it is important that you keep a clear head and follow an appropriate course of action, which includes the following:
Seek Medical Attention
It is important to seek medical attention immediately to address not only those injuries which are apparent, but also to identify injuries which may not otherwise be discovered for days or weeks.
This is very important, especially for dealing with insurance companies. Obtain contact and automobile insurance information from everyone involved, if possible.
Contact an Attorney
To start on your personal injury case, contact a qualified motorcycle accident attorney today and fight for the financial compensation you need.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Some common injuries that motorcyclists may suffer in the event of a collision with another vehicle are:
- Broken bones and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Paralysis (quadriplegia, paraplegia)
- Friction burns or “road rash”
- Injuries to the face or other head trauma
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are many different factors which may contribute to a motorcycle accident and it can be difficult to correctly discern the most direct causes without a careful and thorough investigation. A close examination may reveal that one or more of the following sources of danger were involved:
- Roadway Defects – Improperly maintained roads can pose serious hazards, especially to motorcycles that are more sensitive to road conditions and are prone to accidents on rough terrain.
- Motorcycle Defects or Malfunctions – If a part malfunctions during operation, a serious accident could occur. It may be possible to hold the manufacturer accountable if the defect was not disclosed and a recall was not issued.
- Negligent or Reckless Drivers – Drivers have a responsibility to operate their vehicles in a reasonable and safe manner while on the road.
- Intoxicated Motorists – If someone has consumed alcohol beyond the legal limit and is driving, he may not be able to see bikers or react quickly enough to avoid a serious accident.
- Distracted Drivers – Distractions behind the wheel, including the use of social media, talking on the phone, eating, drinking, grooming, or other distractions can be deadly.
- Aggressive Driving – Tailgating or driving aggressively can be especially dangerous if done around a motorcycle. Drivers should exercise caution and practice defensive driving, and not behave aggressively on the road.
Helmets are extremely important because they can help prevent brain trauma in the event of an accident. Although a helmet is the only protective item that most states require, there are several other articles of clothing that can help prevent injuries, including gloves and protective eyewear.
How can a motorcycle accident attorney help you fight for compensation?
If you, or a loved one, has been involved in a motorcycle accident, especially one caused by the negligence of another driver, you are likely feeling frustrated, and you may not know where to turn. Dealing with the legalities of a motorcycle accident can be difficult and stressful. Having to handle these matters while also recovering from physical and psychological injuries makes this process all the more complicated. Fortunately, there are motorcycle attorneys available who can fight for your damages while you concentrate on healing.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Habush Habush & Rottier are prepared to help you receive the compensation you need after your accident. We can help you fight for compensation in the following motorcycle wreck situations:
- Multiple-Vehicle Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Malfunction
- Roadway Defects
- Wrongful Death
If someone injured you or a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you need an experienced lawyer on your side. Our lawyers at Habush Habush & Rottier are prepared to offer you a personal service that fits your case and your needs. Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation. We understand this is a difficult time, but you do not have to face it alone.
Contact Habush Habush & Rottier
We are passionately committed to helping injured motorcyclists pursue legal claims. Contact the motorcycle accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier at one of our locations acorss Wisconsin: