Minimum Wage Violations

Contact the attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier today at 800-2-HABUSH (800-242-2874) to speak with a qualified member of our legal team and discuss the details of your potential case.

  (800) 242-2874 Free Consultation


In the United States, most workers are guaranteed certain rights. Among the most important of these rights is the guaranteed minimum wage. Employers are required to pay their employees a minimum wage based on State and Federal law.

Unfortunately, not all employers follow these critical rights, acting in ways which deny their workers the full compensation they deserve.

If you have been denied the minimum wage, you may be able to take legal action against your employer to pursue compensation for the wages you have been denied.

What is The Minimum Wage In Wisconsin?

The State of Wisconsin currently sets the Federal minimum wage for covered, nonexempt employees at $7.25 an hour. This is the same as the Federal Minimum wage rate. A Wisconsin employer may not pay an employee under $7.25, unless the occupation is specifically exempt from the minimum wage. Unlike many other states, Wisconsin sets specific minimum pay rates for several occupations that are exempt from the regular minimum wage:

  • All Wisconsin agricultural and farm employees are guaranteed the minimum wage (?)
  • A special minimum wage exists for Golf Caddies
  • A special minimum wage exists for camp counselors (including minors)

In addition, all Wisconsin employers must display an approved Wisconsin minimum wage poster in a prominent place to inform employees about the minimum wage and their rights under the Wisconsin labor law.

How can Habush Help?

If your employer is not paying you the wages you have earned for work completed in any way, we are here to help you regain your lost wages and bring your employer to justice.

Initially, it may be helpful to document instances of unfair pay, such as your employer changing your minimum wage. If your employer does this to other employees, you may additionally be able to gain testimony from them to strengthen your case.

Habush Habush & Rottier can advise you in how to gain evidence against your employer that will be valuable in court. If you believe that your employer has failed to pay attorney the wages you deserve, you may be entitled to file a claim for money that you are owed. Contact Attorneys Jason Knutson or Breanne Snapp with Habush Habush & Rottier today at 608-255-6663 to speak with an experienced legal professional about the details of your case and learn more about how we can help.