Brush your teeth, floss, and gargle. It’s what your mother has been telling you since you were able to pick up a toothbrush. If you follow these simply guidelines, the wisdom goes, you should have a painless dentist’s appointment every year. Unfortunately, dental mistakes do occur.
There are many ways in which dental malpractice can occur. Some include:
- Failure to properly detect an oral disease or malformation
- Improper utilization of dental or surgical utensils
- Installation of defective or shoddy dental products
Other forms of malpractice may occur depending on the facts and circumstances of specific cases.
What to do When you’re a victim of dental malpractice?
Poor quality dental care can cause long term injury to the patient. If you or a loved one has experienced any of the following problems, it might be the result of dental malpractice:
- Nerve or tissue damage
- Damage to the oral structure, such as to the teeth, jaws, or tongue
- Illness or injury from failing to detect an oral disease or from a wrongful diagnosis
- Infection due to the use of improperly sterilized equipment
- Tooth trauma
How can Habush Help?
If you have been the victim of dental malpractice or negligence, you should understand that you have a right to seek compensation for your injury and suffering. The attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier are here to help you navigate the legal process. Call 800-2-HABUSH (800-242-2874).