Automobile accidents can often result in injury to those involved. Car seats are used in order to keep children safe, specifically in those instances. Unfortunately, there may be times when the car seat is defective and does not function as intended, which unfortunately can cause a child to be injured.
Common Car Seat Dangers
Over time you may see car seat recalls for various reasons, including, but not limited to, unsafe manufacturing and design. Some reasons for recalls may include, but are not limited to:
- Flammable fabric
- Latches that are difficult to unlock
- Misplaced safety restraints
- Weak locks that can come undone under stress, such as a collision
- Cushioning that can slide apart from the plastic base
- Padding that is not soft enough to absorb excessive forces
With most of these problems, a child can be exposed to injury-causing forces or become stuck in the car seat during an emergency. This can result in serious injuries to the child.
If a defective child car seat has caused someone you know to suffer, an investigation can be done to determine who may be held legally responsible.