Many engines and appliances burn gas as a source of energy. However, if the fuel is not fully consumed, it can release carbon monoxide into the air. Carbon monoxide, or CO, is a colorless and odorless gas that humans cannot detect without the help of a CO-sensing device. Thus, if you are exposed to carbon monoxide, you may not realize the danger until it is too late.
Usually, products that may release carbon dioxide are vented or otherwise designed so that they direct the CO away from the consumer. However, if the design is flawed or if the item is improperly manufactured, it can result in carbon monoxide poisoning. If you have suffered from CO poisoning due to a faulty engine or appliance, you should contact a Milwaukee product defect lawyer from Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, today at (414) 271-0900.
There are many different sources of carbon monoxide that can be found throughout the home or as part of recreational activities. Items that can release this toxic gas include:
If you inhale carbon monoxide, the gas molecules can attach themselves to your red blood cells where oxygen normally goes. Because the CO molecules then prevent oxygen from binding, they can basically suffocate your cells. Signs of carbon monoxide exposure include:
After a person is rendered unresponsive due to carbon monoxide exposure, they can pass away within minutes.
If you are a victim of a faulty engine or appliance, resulting in carbon monoxide poisoning, you may be entitled to financial compensation to help with your pain and suffering. To learn more about your legal options following this terrible accident, contact a knowledgeable Milwaukee product defect attorney from Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, at (414) 271-0900 today.