A 31-year-old man was taken to a Madison hospital Tuesday after a chemical accident that left him with some serious burns on his face and body. The accident happened while he was at work for a company that processes metals. He was stripping paint in a hot salt bath when a piece of a machine broke off, splashing into the vat of boiling liquid. The chemical splashed onto the walls and the man, catching his clothing on fire and burning a large portion of his body.
Two other employees were treated for minor smoke inhalation on site. The smoke was later found to be primarily steam from the chemical reaction when the liquid splashed out. The company remained open the day of the accident, using fans to ventilate the area. The injured worker was fairly new to the company.
If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident, please contact the Milwaukee personal injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling (414) 271-0900.