In 2006, a 29-year-old Colorado mother was hanging out with friends at a Massachusetts home when a tragic accident caused her to lose her life.
The woman was having fun on a Banzai inflatable water slide when the slide began to deflate. She was in the middle of sliding down the plastic material, and therefore had nowhere to turn. Her head made contact with the side of the pool that the slide was connected to, and she instantly broke her neck and was paralyzed.
One day later, the young mother lost her life in a local hospital. This fatal accident prompted the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to investigate the inflatable slide product. The investigation revealed that the Banzai slide was defective, and should not be used at all by consumers.
In total, 21,000 water slides were recalled, and a full recall will be awarded to any individual who is in possession of one of these slides. Several other injuries have already been reported due to this unsafe product.