Home / Blog / Product Liability / Chinese girl electrocuted by phone charger

Chinese girl electrocuted by phone charger

Posted on August 19, 2014 1:50 pm under Product Liability

A teenager in Xinjiang China was found lifeless in her bedroom after the iPhone 4s charging by her side electrocuted her, a New York Daily News article reported on July 31.

According to reports, a woman sensed a burning smell coming from her 18-year-old sister’s bedroom. The woman found her sister dead on her bed with the iPhone 4s’ screen damaged. Chinese specialists determined from burn injuries sustained that the girl was electrocuted. It is as of yet unclear what kind of phone charger the girl was using.

When someone is injured or killed due to a dangerous or defective product, the manufacturer or another party may be held financially responsible for the incident. If you or a loved one has suffered from an incident involving an issue with a product, the attorneys at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® may help you pursue funds for any damages or suffering incurred. Call our Milwaukee offices at (414) 271-0900 today to discuss your legal options.