Mercury is a highly toxic naturally occurring metal present in many laboratory instruments, home appliances, lighting fixtures, and dental equipment. Exposure to high levels of mercury is usually caused by spills or releases from broken equipment that contains mercury. Unfortunately, property managers sometimes fall short in keeping their premises free from mercury and correctly securing their property in the event of a mercury spill.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has outlined a simple list of what not to do during mercury releases and spills:
If you believe your exposure to mercury has been a result of a property owner’s mishandling of mercury releases and spills in any establishment in Wisconsin, speak with an attorney at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling (414) 271-0900 today.