Lead poisoning is a serious, sometimes even life-threatening medical emergency that is caused by ingestion or inhalation of lead. Abdominal pain, loss of appetite, and altered cognition are just some of the many symptoms of this illness. Unfortunately, kids under the age of six are at highest risk of developing this condition.
Young children may accidentally ingest lead through toys that are coated with it. Some art supplies and paint sets are also contaminated with lead, which could increase the likelihood of lead toxicity. A toxic amount of lead during a child’s developmental years may result in these mental and behavioral complications:
Dangerous toys that are painted with lead pose serious health risk among children. If your child has been a victim of a defective toy in Wisconsin, a product liability attorney at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® might be able to help you seek the compensation you believe your family deserves. Call us at (414) 271-0900 and have your case assessed for free today.