Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Defective sockets among causes of commercial and house fires

Defective sockets among causes of commercial and house fires

Posted on February 5, 2015 2:19 pm under Fires and Explosions

The National Fire Protection Agency stated that they respond to approximately 370,000 house fires in the country every year, many of which resulted from overloaded plug sockets or receptacles. Plugging too many appliances in one receptacle may overload the system, causing it to overheat and cause fire.

But not all socket-related house and commercial fires have been a result of socket overloading. In September 2012, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced the recall of approximately 14,200 4-outlet Legrand Under Cabinet Power and Lighting power strip after the product importer learned about reversed electrical wires on the receptacles that may pose the risk of electric shock, overheating, and fire.

Substandard electrical products at home and in commercial spaces may cause fire incidents that could inflict serious injury to victims and enormous damages to property. At Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, we help home and commercial fire victims explore the possibility of taking legal action against the negligent party involved. Call our Milwaukee office at (414) 271-0900 and have your case assessed today.