Types of damages in a negligence claim
Posted on March 4, 2015 9:24 am under Personal Injury
After establishing the link between the defendant’s negligent act and the plaintiff’s damages, the suing party should be able to legally recognize the actual damages caused by the defendant’s breach of duty. Depending on the actual damages the plaintiff incurred, he could demand certain types of compensation that he might be entitled to receive under state and federal laws.
Working with an experienced personal injury attorney would allow you to know more about the possible compensation you might recover, which may include:
- Loss of consortium – Losses suffered by a spouse due to the accident victim’s injury or death
- Future medical expenses – To compensate for continued medical care
- Loss of earning capacity – To compensate for the inability or reduced ability to work in the future
- Lost wages – To compensate for the amount of money the plaintiff could have earned if the accident had not happened
- Household services – To compensate for the expenses of hiring someone to do errands around the house while the plaintiff is recovering
To learn more about filing a personal injury claim in Milwaukee, speak with an attorney at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling (414) 271-0900 today.