A house in the Town of Poughkeepsie recently suffered extensive damage in a fire and explosion caused by propane gas, the Poughkeepsie Journal reported on April 14.
A nearby resident described that the explosion at 7 Brady PI, “could wake the dead.” The lone male occupant of the house only sustained minor injuries before he escaped when the blast took place at around 4:40 p.m. Fairview Fire District Chief Christopher Maeder stated that the explosion was accidental and was caused by leaking propane in the basement. Fire crews took almost an hour to contain the fire that completely destroyed the rear portion of the house.
Sometimes, people are injured in propane explosions on a property due to the negligence of the owner. In this situation, you may pursue financial compensation from the person responsible in order to cover the costs of your medical treatment and other damages. Find out how the Milwaukee personal injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can work for you by calling our offices at (414) 271-0900 today.