The New Jersey couple who suffered burn injuries in a residential gas explosion two years ago were awarded in court nearly $2 million worth of compensation, ABC 6 Action News reported on June 1.
Reports said the couple, 67-year-olds James McCarty and Evelyn, suffered burn-related injuries in 2013 after their house in Cape May County was damaged by the explosion. The Shore Guys Heating and Air Conditioning is expected to settle over $1.6 million for their failure to prevent the propane tank from leaking while conducting work under the couple’s house. The blast occurred after the leaking gas that accumulated under the house was sparked as James turned on the hot water tank. Another company, identified as South Jersey Fuel & Propane, will settle $275,000.
The legal team of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® represents people who have suffered burn injuries in house explosions through no fault of their own. Call our offices in Milwaukee at (414) 271-0900 today to discuss your situation today.