Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Pet dogs survived residential blast

Pet dogs survived residential blast

Posted on August 5, 2015 2:55 pm under Fires and Explosions

At least three pet dogs were spared from a residential explosion in southern Illinois caused by leaking natural gas, according to the Northwest Herald on July 27.

Reports said fire crews utilized heavy equipment to recover the dogs, who were trapped in their shelter after an explosion took place at a house in the Caseyville subdivision on July 25. Nearby residents told reports that barking sounds were heard the night after the blast took place from the two-storey house. No one was reportedly hurt since the homeowner was not inside the property during the blast. It is believed the fire was caused by a natural gas leak.

Fortunately no one was injured in this incident. However, if you believe that you or a loved one has been injured in an explosion, the attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® may help you pursue financial compensation from those responsible. Call us at (414) 271-0900 today to learn more about taking legal action.