Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Man injured in Fargo residential propane blast

Man injured in Fargo residential propane blast

Posted on March 26, 2016 10:09 am under Fires and Explosions

At least one person suffered burn injuries after a propane tank exploded inside a garage in Fargo, North Dakota, according to an article by INFORUM from March 22.

According to reports, at around 9:50 a.m., Fargo fire fighters responded to a fire reported in a residential garage located at 1331 14th St. S. There were two unidentified people who were in the house when the blast took place. Battalion Chief Bruce Anderson confirmed that one of the individuals suffered minor burn injuries and was taken to a hospital.

According to the injured man, who was assisted by his neighbor after the blast, he was filling propane tanks when the explosion occurred. Fire authorities estimated that the overall damages, including damage to nearby structures, resulting from the explosion and subsequent fire could be as high as $42,000.

Propane explosions are unfortunately common, and if you were injured in a propane explosion, enlisting an experienced lawyer is a crucial step towards protecting your rights. Learn more about your legal rights and options as an explosion victim by contacting Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at (414) 271-0900.