A residential garage in Edgewater was severely damaged by fire after one of three propane tanks located in the garage exploded, according to an April 18th article from WBALTV.
Two people, whose names were not released, escaped the garage unharmed after a tank containing 250 gallons of propane gas exploded along Austin Drive on April 17th. Information coming from authorities reveals that two people were repairing a vehicle inside the detached garage before the explosion took place. Video footage shows the garage engulfed in flames. Lt. Craig Oldershaw of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department said that the people in the home notified 911 after noticing a problem and hurrying outside.
Explosions, including those caused by propane, cause serious injuries every year, and in far too many instances, unsuspecting individuals are forced to deal with the devastating consequences of these accidents through no fault of their own. If you were injured in an explosion or fire and you believe that another party is responsible, learn more about your legal rights and options by contacting Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at (414) 271-0900.