A grass fire at the 11600 block of 75th Street broke out in an empty lot because of fireworks. Pleasant Prairie Fire & Rescue were called to respond to the fire on June 30.
Pleasant Prairie Fire & Rescue took the opportunity to remind the public that there was a ban on fireworks in the Village of Pleasant Prairie, even with the Fourth of July approaching. Having or using fireworks is grounds for citation and any damage caused by them is the responsibility of those that set off the fireworks. Doug McElmury, Chief of Fire & Rescue, stated, “This strict policy is set for the safety of the residents of Pleasant Prairie, especially with the recent lack of rain.”
If you or someone you know was hurt by fireworks or experienced property damage due to other’s fireworks’ usage, contact the Fire and Explosion Attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at (414) 271-0900 to discuss your legal options.