A Janesville fourth ward house fire has displaced the two families who resided there. The fire occurred on Friday, July 15, and caused only minor injuries among the 15 residents, though one dog died.
The investigation is still ongoing for the reason of the fire at 159 Linn Street, according to Janesville Battalion Chief Scott Running. Heavy smoke was coming out of the rear of the building when responders arrived and the fire caused damage to the inside of the house alongside added smoke and water damage. The total cost of the damage was around $70,000 and the Red Cross of Janesville led assistance for the six adults and nine children affected by the emergency. Proper smoke alarms ultimately alerted the two families to the house fire.
Red Cross and the Janesville Fire Department are partnering for Saturday to go door-to-door and help people be prepared for house fires.
If you were affected by a house fire and you are not the responsible party, you may be eligible to be compensated for the damage to your home or hospital bills incurred by fire-related injuries. Contact a Milwaukee Fire and Explosion attorney of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at (414) 271-0900 to discuss your legal options.