Home / Blog / Premises Liability / Carbon monoxide sickens over 20 wedding guests in Madison

Carbon monoxide sickens over 20 wedding guests in Madison

Posted on August 11, 2016 10:28 am under Premises Liability

Madison authorities revealed that over 20 wedding guests were treated after they were exposed to unusually high levels of carbon monoxide while attending a wedding, an article of Channel 3000 reported on August 7.

On August 6, crews responded around 11:40 p.m. to Salon Centinela at 5018 Blazing Star Drive, where a wedding was being held, after a person suddenly fell ill and fainted. Moments after authorities arrived, other wedding attendees complained that they started to feel ill. Authorities detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the venue and determined the gas was coming from an activated generator. Though the exact number of injured persons was not revealed, fire crews evacuated approximately 300 persons from the area. A triage was stationed near the facility to immediately provide treatment for those who were exposed to CO. Victims included adults and children.

Children and older adults are at an unfortunately high risk of sustaining serious injuries from hazardous places. If you or a loved one were harmed because of another person’s negligence in Appleton, the premises liability lawyers at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® may be able to work for you. Call our office today at (414) 271-0900 to find out how we could help you obtain treatment funds from negligent parties.