Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Apartment fire starts from kitchen stove

Apartment fire starts from kitchen stove

Posted on August 27, 2016 1:52 pm under Fires and Explosions

A fire that began in the kitchen of one apartment ended up effectively destroying two other apartments and forcing residents of all three to relocate.

Firefighters were called to a fire on Sunday, August 14 around 10:20 pm at River’s Edge Apartments in Madison. The resident of the home where the fire began was asleep when it started and reportedly attempted to extinguish it himself. When the responders showed up at the apartment, they said that there was thick smoke throughout the building and the fire was being supplied from the top of the stove, spreading across the cabinets and walls.

Firefighters doused the entire area, making sure there were no remaining hot spots. The ceiling was broken and charred. The total damage is estimated at $35,000.

If you were displaced due to a fire caused by someone else’s poor safety measures, we recommend you contact an attorney with Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® to discuss with them what options you may have in pursuing compensation. Call us today at (414) 271-0900.