A fire that began in an unoccupied home on N 33rd Street caught fire on Friday, August 19, and spread to the next-door duplex, displacing all residents.
The fire occurred early in the morning in the northern Milwaukee area, and the Milwaukee Fire Department assisted in helping the duplex occupants escape, as they were asleep when the fire began.
Officials from the department made an announcement that the duplex would be able to be rebuilt, but it would take quite a bit of time and would need to be empty for the duration of repairs. The American Red Cross stepped in to provide temporary shelter for the occupants. An investigation concerning the start of the fire is ongoing.
If you have lost your home to a preventable fire and been injured in the incident, we can help you to hold the responsible party accountable. Contact a fire hazard lawyer of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at (414) 271-0900 today.