Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / SUV caught fire after muffler shop service

SUV caught fire after muffler shop service

Posted on September 3, 2016 10:41 am under Fires and Explosions

A fire began in an SUV on Monday morning, August 22, and the Madison Fire Department was called to extinguish it.

Fire crews responded to a report around mid-morning that smoke was coming out of the vehicle, parked in the 100 block of North Blair Street. The fire was thought to be located in the engine department of the 1999 Dodge Durango and firefighters had to force the hood open to trace the true origin of the smoke. Water and foam-based extinguishers proved ineffective in stopping the smoke.

Several components of the car were removed from the passenger’s side in an effort to extinguish the smoke. The owner came out from a nearby building where he had been working in the midst of these efforts and explained to firefighters that his car had recently been to a local shop to replace the exhaust system.

If a fire that affected you or your property can be linked to another source, whether from faulty service or another’s poor fire prevention, you should contact an attorney with Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®. Our Milwaukee Fire and Explosion Attorneys have dozens of years of combined experience and will be happy to help you with your case. Contact us today at (414) 271-0900.