Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Fire crews hurt in Cragsmoor propane blast and fire

Fire crews hurt in Cragsmoor propane blast and fire

Fires and Explosions

At least six responding firefighters in Cragsmoor, New York were recently sent to a hospital after sustaining injuries while containing a fire that caused a propane blast, Times Herald-Record stated on September 25.

Reports said one of the injured fire crews remained hospitalized the following day after responding to the 3rd level alarm fire on September 24 that broke out at a home in Cragsmoor. Joe Monell of the Cragsmoor Fire told reports that they needed to hospitalize the crews from three different fire departments after confirming that leaking gas caused the explosion. Occupants of the house had evacuated earlier before the fire crews came. Fire investigators from Ulster County had confirmed that the fire was accidental in nature.

Explosions that are caused by propane leak often result in serious injuries. However, if this happened to you or to a loved one, an attorney could help you get the financial assistance you need for treatment. Find out how an attorney of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® may work for you today by calling (414) 271-0900.