Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Faulty electrical wires caused Baraboo house fire

Faulty electrical wires caused Baraboo house fire

Posted on October 15, 2016 10:08 am under Fires and Explosions

Two people were dislocated as a result of October 9, Sunday morning house fire in Baraboo.

Neighbors of the 227 Ninth Street home contacted Baraboo emergency crews just before 7 a.m. when they noticed smoke coming out of the roof of the home. The fire chief confirmed this report of smoke and instructed the crews to put out the source from outside the home and then inside.

The fire, which started because of faulty wiring in the attic, damaged the roof pretty badly and moderately damaged the inside of the home, which also faced water damage. Both occupants had been evacuated safely and there were no injuries among the emergency crew.

The investigation revealed that the fire was caused by the presence of curved wires inside the metal conduit opened a hole and allowed for an open spark.

If your home fire was caused by faulty electrical wirings, you may be able to seek financial compensation through a civil lawsuit. For a free consultation to discuss your potential case with a knowledgeable and compassionate lawyer with Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, call (414) 271-0900.