Home / Blog / Fires and Explosions / Mother and child injured in Las Vegas propane fire

Mother and child injured in Las Vegas propane fire

Posted on December 8, 2016 1:21 pm under Fires and Explosions

A mother and her son sustained burn injuries in Las Vegas after the propane tank they were using caught fire, an article of 13 Action News reported on December 6.

Initial reports revealed that a fire broke out in the 5000 block of Roberta Lane at 3:24 p.m. on Tuesday. The woman, whose name was not released, and her seven-year-old child were brought to a hospital due to burn injuries they sustained. Las Vegas Fire & Rescue member Tim Szymanski said roughly 60 percent of the child’s body sustained burn injuries, but he was not listed in life-threatening condition. The woman’s spouse said they were using a two-burner propane stove while preparing dinner when the fire suddenly broke out. Authorities are still determining the cause of the fire.

If your family has suffered burn injuries from a fire, working with a legal team is important, especially if you suspect negligent parties were involved. Call the legal team of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at (414) 271-0900 to find out how we could help you obtain compensations for recovery.