A fatal residential fire took the life of one man on Eighth Avenue, last Monday.
At around 3:00 p.m., the Wisconsin Rapids firefighters received a call from an apartment complex in the 520 block of Eighth Avenue reporting a smell of burned wires. When they arrived, they discovered a lifeless body of a tenant in one of the apartment units. He was later identified as a 59-year-old man. No further identification has been released pending notification of the victim’s family.
According to the initial investigation, the victim was suspected to have died from smoke inhalation. Authorities are still waiting for the toxicology reports to confirm the victim’s cause of death.
Investigators were also called to the scene to determine liability. It was suspected that the fire probably occurred overnight and foul play has been ruled out in the investigation.
Our staff at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® cannot express how terrible this news is. We would like to extend our condolences to the family of the deceased.