Home / FAQs / Municipal Negligence


Municipal Negligence FAQs


What is Municipal Negligence?

Municipal negligence refers to defects, improper installation, or lack of maintenance of public spaces and locations. As tax paying citizens, we expect the city to care for public areas that are under their jurisdiction. When these areas fall into disrepair, it can cause dangerous situations to arise, which may cause serious injury. These injuries are not the fault of the individual; rather, they are the fault of the city for allowing them to occur. Through negligence of public needs, the city does a disservice to its citizens.

The municipal negligence attorneys at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® are prepared to help you understand your rights and the action you need to take to hold your city accountable for municipal negligence. For more information, call (414) 271-0900 today.

[ back to top ]

What Qualifies as Municipal Negligence?

Municipal negligence is a broad topic that can cover a range of areas. This broadness happens because the city governments are responsible for a significant number of public goods and services. The most common area of municipal negligence involves unsafe road conditions, such as lack of signage, potholes and other road deterioration, and failure to clear the road of obstructions. Other areas wherein the city may be subject to municipal negligence include public service vehicles, care and control of public property, traffic controls and streetlights, utility services, sidewalks, and animal control.

If you have experienced municipal negligence in any of these areas, learn more about your possible claim by contacting the municipal negligence lawyers at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®

[ back to top ]

How Can an Attorney Help in Cases of Municipal Negligence?

Although you may have a legal case against the city, your case may be difficult to prove without the help of a lawyer. Cities are well prepared to fight legal claims and may be quick to shut down your argument against them. A dedicated attorney can help you strengthen your claim and ensure that you follow the correct procedure to bring a lawsuit against your city. Seeking legal assistance can help you reach your desired outcome.

If you have been negatively impacted by municipal negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. The municipal negligence lawyers at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® are ready to help you build your case. Contact a Wausau personal injury lawyer at (414) 271-0900 today.

[ back to top ]