Home / FAQs / Pedestrian Injury FAQs


Pedestrian Injury FAQs

If I’m injured in a pedestrian accident, how will I pay for my injuries?

While the circumstances surrounding every accident are different, a personal injury claim may typically be filed if a pedestrian is injured because of a driver’s dangerous actions. While insurance can help cover some of the resulting costs of an injury, injured pedestrians may still be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit against the driver responsible for their losses.

If your injury was caused by the careless or negligent actions of another person, an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you understand the full range of legal options available to you. If you’ve been injured in an accident as a pedestrian, contact the Milwaukee pedestrian injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at (414) 271-0900. Let our experienced advisers assist you with your questions and concerns.

[ back to top ]

What if my injuries are partially my fault?

Pedestrians sometimes walk across crosswalks when they’re supposed to wait for the traffic light to change. In other cases, there may be inadequate signage or a lack of crosswalks to help pedestrians know when and where to cross. Because of confusing situations like this, pedestrians who have been hit by a car may feel that they are partially responsible for an accident.

However, drivers are also supposed to avoid hitting pedestrians at all reasonable costs. If a pedestrian crosses when they aren’t supposed to, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the accident was completely, or even mostly, their fault. Drivers should stop if at all possible. Failure to do so may make a driver at fault for any injuries to that pedestrian.

If you have been injured because of a driver’s failure to brake or slow down, you may be able to take action against that driver. Contact the Milwaukee pedestrian injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at (414) 271-0900 to discuss your specific situation and learn more about your legal options.

[ back to top ]

Can I take action against someone other than the driver after an accident?

In some cases, a driver may not actually be at fault for striking a pedestrian. When there’s a problem with the vehicle or with the road, the driver may not have been able to stop in time before hitting a pedestrian. In cases like these, the injured parties may be eligible to take action against the vehicle manufacturer or those responsible for repairing the road, depending on the specifics of the situation.

The early steps of filing a claim can prove frustrating for many people trying to recover from a serious injury. However, help is available. For more information about your rights and legal options, contact the Milwaukee pedestrian injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling (414) 271-0900 today.

[ back to top ]

Share Your Story With Us

If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries after being struck by a motorist, contact our team of Milwaukee pedestrian injury attorneys by calling (414) 271-0900.

Learn more about your rights as a pedestrian on our pedestrian injury practice area page.