Home / FAQs / Recreational Vehicle Accident FAQs


Recreational Vehicle Accident FAQs


I was injured on my ATV, but wasn’t wearing a helmet. Can I sue?

ATV and recreational vehicle accidents can leave riders with serious injuries that may end up costing a rider thousands of dollars in medical bills. In some of these accidents, a person may not be wearing the proper safety gear at the time of an accident. Whether you were wearing a helmet or not, you may still be able to pursue compensation after an ATV accident caused by another person’s mistakes.

At Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, we help Wisconsin accident victims pursue financial compensation when they have experienced injury through the irresponsible actions of another party. Contact the Milwaukee recreational vehicle lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at (414) 271-0900 today to learn more about your legal options.

[ back to top ]

Am I liable for an accident if I broke ATV rules on the road?

According to Wisconsin’s traffic rules regarding ATV and four-wheeler use, a person using these recreational vehicles isn’t actually allowed to drive on the road unless it’s absolutely necessary. Roads and adjacent ditches are meant for road-worthy traffic, which doesn’t include ATVs. However, that does not mean that a person on an ATV is entirely at fault if they are struck by a reckless driver while on the road.

If you or someone you love has been injured while riding an ATV or other recreational vehicle because of a driver’s recklessness, a personal injury attorney at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help you understand whether or not your accident qualifies you to pursue a claim. For more information about these options and how an experienced attorney may be able to help, contact the Milwaukee recreational vehicle lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at (414) 271-0900.

[ back to top ]

When am I allowed to ride my ATV on the road?

There are a few exceptions to Wisconsin’s otherwise straightforward ATV rules. Normally, ATVs are not allowed on public roads. However, there are exceptions available when an ATV trail intersects with a public road, requiring recreational four-wheelers to share the road with public traffic. Additionally, farmers may use ATVs on public roads in limited situations. Finally, ATVs are permitted on the road when all other traffic would normally be blocked off due to weather conditions.

An injury caused by a dangerous motorist may be grounds for legal action. Accidental injuries can be life-changing, and can be financially ruinous. If you’re not sure about how you can cover your costs after an injury on an ATV, we may be able to help you seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. To discuss your rights and your options, contact the Milwaukee recreational vehicle attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling (414) 271-0900 today.

[ back to top ]

Share Your Story with Us

If you or a loved one has been injured in a recreational vehicle accident, please contact our dedicated attorneys today for help. Call us at (414) 271-0900 to learn more about how we may be able to assist you.

Learn more about recreational vehicle accident law on our recreational vehicle accident practice area page.