Swimming can be a great form of exercise, as well as a wonderful way to entertain yourself or your children on a long, hot summer day. Unfortunately, these recreational places can quickly become dangerous, especially when the pool owner or manager allows certain hazards to exsist. In fact, even seemingly minor hazards could result in devastating injuries or losses for a family.
COMMON SWIMMING POOL HAZARDS
Common swimming pool hazards include:
- Improper chlorine amounts or other harmful pool cleaning chemicals
- Metal drains that are exposed
- Water that is contaminated or dirty
- Drowning caused by obstacles
- Walking surfaces that are wet or slippery
- Diving Boards
All of these hazards can increase the likelihood of a dangerous swimming pool accident occurring, which could threaten the safety of you and your family or friends.