Most homes in the United States are equipped with a network of wires that transfer electricity from everything to everyday household appliances to television sets. These wires bring electricity into homes from the power grid.
Unfortunately, a home with faulty wiring may be an explosion hazard if they come into contact with natural gas. If you or someone you love suffered an injury after the wiring in your home caused an explosion, contact the wiring explosions lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at (414) 271-0900.
Wires themselves do not explode; they are pieces of metal that transfer electricity, but they are not combustible. Usually, an explosion occurs when the wires make a spark that comes into contact with a combustible substance, such as the natural gas that many homes use to power their stoves and heaters.
Wiring may spark for a number of reasons. Older wires may corrode over time, which may become a hazard at a certain point. In other cases, wires may be stripped of their protective coatings, exposing bare wires, which are more likely to spark.
In addition to faulty wiring, a home will usually have to have a gas leak to be at risk of exploding. While it is usually easier to detect a gas leak than a faulty wire, by the time an individual discovers a leak, it may be too late to resolve the issue.
In many cases, someone may be at fault for a wiring explosion. The residential explosion attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® will help victims of wiring explosions determine who is at fault for their injuries. If you have been affected by a wiring explosion, contact us today at (414) 271-0900.