Home / Practice Areas / Product Liability / Defective Food Product

Milwaukee Defective Food Product Attorney

Whether you’re buying food for yourself or your family, you expect a certain level of safety and freshness from the products that you purchase. Unfortunately, each day in the United States, shoppers become injured or ill because of defective food products. The resulting injuries can range from mild illness to sudden death, making defective food products a very serious problem.

If you have been injured by a defective or dangerous food product, contact the Milwaukee defective food product attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today at (414) 271-0900 for more information.

Causes of Dangerous Food Products

Foods may be dangerous because of a variety of factors, including:

  • Defective packaging: Foods that are not properly packaged can become unsafe to eat. Dented cans, unsealed jars, and opened packages can all cause food products to spoil and make consumers sick.
  • Improper processing: Foods may be improperly processed so that unsafe bacteria or chemicals reach consumers. For example, milk or eggs may not pass through a proper pasteurization process, or dangerous pesticides or chemicals may remain on the surface of produce.
  • Dangerous ingredients: Certain processed foods and dietary supplements may contain dangerous ingredients that cause serious adverse effects.
  • Animal pathogens: Animals may carry serious diseases that can be passed on to humans and make us sick. For example, a person can become sick after eating the beef of a cow with mad cow disease, or from eating animal products or produce infected with E. coli bacteria.

Additionally, the packaging of certain food products can cause injury to consumers through sharp edges, unsafe chemicals, or choking or suffocation risks.

Contact Us

If you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective food product or container, contact the Milwaukee defective food product attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today by calling (414) 271-0900.

Related FAQs