Legal Assistant/Paralegal- Madison Office: APPLY NOW
Pre-suit file management and litigation support in plaintiff personal injury cases.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Handle intake calls & scheduling appointments
- Claims setup
- Collect, organize, and summarize certified medical records/bills
- Follow up on missing medical information
- Research medical providers
- Client contact
- Work with insurance carriers (liability/UIM/UM/subrogation)
- Schedule depositions of clients, witnesses, experts, doctors, etc.
- Schedule mediations
- Schedule attorney meetings
- Work with investigators
- Prepare settlement packages
- Answer Interrogatories/Request to Produce
- Prepare Notice of Deposition
- Prepare Notice of Filing Certified Medical Records
- Prepare Request to Admit Bills
- Prepare Witness Lists
- Assist with trial preparation
- Manage defense authorizations/records
- At settlement, reviewing final liens and balances
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good understanding of personal injury process
- Ability to summarize medical records and bills (keyboarding skills a must)
- Handle property damage
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Understanding of subrogation
- Good phone skills
- Ability to assist attorneys with litigation work including handling discovery process through trial
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an office setting preferred.
- Paralegal Degree is preferred, however experience in lieu of education will be considered
Please send a cover letter and resume to Amy Walker at [email protected]
Assistant Paralegal – Kenosha Office : APPLY NOW
- Firm understanding of the personal injury claims process from start to finish. (1-2 years paralegal experience)
- Ability to review and summarize medical records. (keyboarding skills a must)
- Ability to review medical bills and prepare Excel spreadsheet.
- Knowledge and understanding of the property damage claims process
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Strong understanding of health insurance, medical payment coverage, subrogation, etc.
- Good phone and communication skills
- Litigation experience a plus but not required. However, a willingness and ability to learn the litigation process is a must.
- Learn and utilize our case management system, to properly manage files. Training will be provided;
- Screen new client intake calls;
- Scheduling appointments for multiple attorneys and staff;
- Opening new files in our file management system;
- Opening and setting up new claims with insurance companies;
- Ordering medical records and bills on behalf of clients. Reviewing and summarizing said records and bills;
- Have consistent client contact to help them through the personal injury process and answer questions regarding medical treatment, insurance, etc.;
- Compose routine correspondence to insurance companies, clients and medical providers;
- Working with insurance companies as the liaison for the attorney and client;
- Draft correspondence for attorneys such as demand letters, etc.
- Obtain information from health insurance carriers such as policy information and lien itemizations;
- Reviewing health insurance liens for accuracy, dispute unrelated charges, etc.