Interpret, research and analyze medical-related issues relevant to a legal case or claim. Based on this information provide an informed opinion of the delivery of health care and its results to the attorneys. This position also fields inquiries regarding medical malpractice claims.
Review Medical Records:
- Review medical records for clients who have been injured in motor vehicle collisions, product liability cases and medical malpractice cases to help determine whether professional negligence occurred.
- Summarize injuries and treatment and identify any missing records.
Consult with Attorney on Cases:
- Educate attorneys regarding medical facts, timelines, treatments, nursing terminology and other relevant health care information.
- Act as liaison between attorney, physicians and clients when necessary.
- Prepare medical fact reports and summaries.
- Prepare chronologies of medical events, graphic exhibits and other evidence.
- Draft questions for attorneys to use during medical depositions and at trial.
- Interview parties involved in a case and prepare witnesses for testifying at trial.
- Attend trial with attorney when needed.
Respond to Medical Malpractice Inquiries:
- Determine if inquiry could be considered medical malpractice.
- Refer valid claims to appropriate attorney.
- Refer callers to other resources as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Critical thinking skills for complex medical injuries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to utilize electronic resources
- Knowledge of managing large files
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the nursing field, preferably with medical surgical experience.
The main responsibility of the Marketing Intern is to assist the Marketing Manager with planning through execution of the firm’s sponsored events and various marketing tasks in the office. Below is a breakdown of tasks associated with the position.
Up to 40 hours per week during the summer months (June, July, August)
Travel to sponsorship events throughout Wisconsin. (Mileage will be reimbursed at the federal rate.)
Marketing Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist in Community Events
- Assist in community events
- Community event planning
- Pre-event coordination
- Event set up and attendance
- Update and manage online Community Calendar
- Update and maintain Photo Gallery
- Contact list updates
- Sponsorship Summaries: gather photos, event number, dates
- Online directory data collection
- Website updates
- Must be at least Junior standing by fall of 2020 and majoring in communications, public relations, journalism or related degree
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational, time management and multitasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, curious, outgoing, self-motivated attitude
- Must have good skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint Experience with Adobe Suite is preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
This is a paid internship. In addition, mileage will be reimbursed at the Federal rate.
How to Apply
Email, mail or drop off your resume and cover letter NO LATER THAN December 6, 2019 to:
Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.
Amy Walker, Human Resources Manager
150 E. Gilman Street, Suite 2000
Madison, WI 53703
Applicants who fail to submit a cover letter with their resume will not be considered.