Legal Assistant – Waukesha Office
Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® seeks a full-time Legal Assistant for our Waukesha office. The ideal candidate will be a professional, self-motivated individual who is very detail oriented. Strong proof-reading skills and experience formatting and filing appellate briefs is highly desired, in addition to prior experience in Personal Injury.
To provide administrative and paraprofessional legal support to attorney and paralegal. This position will directly support an attorney with a full litigation case load and involved in appeals and other brief writing.
- Process daily mail/faxes to include electronic routing/filing.
- Screen attorney phone calls.
- Manage attorney calendar.
- Format, index and file briefs, including appellate briefs.
- Request medical records and medical bills at the direction of paralegal.
- Follow up on missing medical information.
- Request accident reports, 911 calls, and other investigative information at the direction of paralegal.
- Open files, both physically and in the case management software.
- Accurately file correspondence, pleadings, discovery, and other file information in chronological order.
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Prepare letters and other miscellaneous correspondence.
- Provide lunch and break relief for receptionist.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Process settlements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other electronic resources.
- Prefer knowledge of the appellate process, formatting of appellate briefs, and experience putting together complex briefs with affidavits and exhibits.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree preferred.
- Experience with complex briefing preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a plaintiffs’ personal injury environment.