Christopher E. Rogers
Personal Injury Lawyer in Madison, WI
Chris Rogers is a shareholder of the firm and the Co-Managing Partner of the Madison office. He initially practiced predominately in the firm’s Lake Geneva office, where he tried cases in Walworth, Kenosha, and Racine counties. In 2004, he moved to the firm’s Madison office, where he continues to practice today. His focus is on cases involving injuries from product defects, automobile accidents, and general negligence. He has clients throughout the State of Wisconsin.
In 2017, Chris served a one-year term as President-Elect for the State Bar of Wisconsin. He then served a one-year term as State Bar President in 2018 and Past-President in 2019. He has been selected to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers list since 2010 and was named a Top 25 Madison Super Lawyer Honoree in 2012 and then again since 2015. In 2016 he was inducted as a Fellow of the Wisconsin Bar Foundation, which recognizes members of the profession in Wisconsin who are known by their peers for high achievements in their profession and outstanding contributions for the advancement and improvement of the administration of justice in the State of Wisconsin.
In 2018, Chris was inducted as a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, an honor less than one percent of all U.S. practicing lawyers receive. Additionally, in he has been selected to the Best Lawyers in America list since 2018. In 2020, Chris was chosen to serve on the Wisconsin Courts COVID-19 Task Force, which was established by the Wisconsin State Supreme Court to recommend how the courts can safely continue jury trials and other court proceedings.
Chris graduated from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 1995 where he was a note and comment editor for the Wisconsin Environmental Law Journal. After graduation, he worked for firms in Milwaukee and Madison, practicing insurance defense and defense litigation, before joining Habush Habush & Rottier.
On the personal side, Chris has worked extensively with individuals with disabilities, specifically in the areas of community integration, employment, and job training. He has coached girls basketball, boys middle school football, and has participated as a mock trial judge. He also volunteered for the Waunakee Football Club and chaired their fundraiser. He lives in Waunakee.
Get in Touch
We were fortunate enough to go to Habush Habush & Rottier when we decided to file a case. The case was very complex and had many obstacles to overcome. There was bankruptcy and liability insurance to deal with, as well as getting the court to say the insurance company was liable for the injury. The case took several years to resolve, but Chris never gave up and we reached a good settlement. We got to know Chris as a person and consider him and Barb as friends. I would highly recommend that anyone in need of legal help go to Habush Habush & Rottier. They make you feel that you matter.Ellen Madison
Chris & Paula: Thank you! Thank you! We are so grateful for all the work you put in on our case, and for your perseverance, patience, and communication with us. We will definitely recommend your law firm to others!M&D Madison
My case posed some difficulties but Chris was able to obtain a settlement that more than compensated me for out-of-pocket expenses resulting from my 13-week hospitalization.Jeff Madison
Christopher is very professional and polite toward his clients. I was in a very bad car accident, and Christopher worked very hard over the course of several years on my behalf to achieve my desired results. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.Michael Madison
Meet Christopher E. Rogers
- 2018 - Ex Officio Member of the American Law Institute
- 2018-2019 President of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- 2017-2018 President – Elect of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Wisconsin Chair of the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the Wisconsin Law Foundation
- Court Commissioner, Branch 9 of the Dane County District Court
- 2010-2021 Wisconsin Super Lawyers Honoree
- 2012, 2015-2021 Top 25 Madison Super Lawyers Honoree
- Recognized as a Best Lawyer since 2017
- Wisconsin State Bar President’s Award for outstanding service to the Bar and the profession
- Best Lawyers 2021 Lawyer of the Year - Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs: Madison
- Youth Sports Coach
- Waunakee Football Club Volunteer
- Ex officio member of the American Law Institute
- Admitted, United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Admitted, United States District Court, Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin State Bar Executive Director Search Committee
- State Bar Board of Governors
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Dane County Bar Association
- Past Member Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha and Walworth County Bar Associations
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- The Wisconsin Courts COVID-19 Task Force Committee Member
- Equal Justice Fund Board Member
- 1995 University of Wisconsin-Madison, J.D. – Note and Comment Editor, Wisconsin Environmental Law Journal, 1994-1995
- 1988 University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.A.