why hire habush for your motorcycle accident case
Accidents with motorcyclists are common in Milwaukee and across the state of Wisconsin. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle crash, you need an experienced lawyer on your side. The motorcycle accident lawyers at Habush Habush & Rottier will provide a personal service that fits your case and your needs.
Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation:
We understand this is a difficult time, but you do not have to face it alone. The motorcycle accident attorneys at Habush Habush & Rottier will fight to obtain the compensation you deserve in the following motorcycle crash situations:
- Multiple-Vehicle Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Malfunction
- Roadway Defects
- Wrongful Death
4 steps you should take after a motorcycle accident
It is natural to feel overwhelmed when you have been involved in a motorcycle accident. Despite the challenges, however, keep a clear head and follow this course of action:
- SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION. It is important to seek medical attention immediately to address not only those injuries which are apparent, but also to identify injuries which may not otherwise be discovered for days or weeks.
- FILE A POLICE REPORT. You should immediately file a police report to document the location, date and time of the accident. By calling 911, you can request an officer meet you on the scene if possible. The officer should document damage to all vehicles involved, as well as note all injuries sustained by drivers, passengers or others at the time of the accident. It will also be helpful to take photographs or videos of the damage using your cell phone and ask nearby witnesses for details and contact information. Share this information with police officers and request a copy of your final accident report when possible.
- EXCHANGE INFORMATION. This is very important, especially for dealing with insurance companies. Obtain contact and automobile insurance information from everyone involved, if possible.
- CONTACT AN ATTORNEY. To start on your personal injury case, contact a qualified motorcycle accident attorney today and fight for the financial compensation you deserve.
wHAT cAUSES MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS IN Wisconsin?
There are many different factors that contribute to a motorcycle accident and it can be difficult to correctly discern the most direct causes without a careful and thorough investigation. A close examination may reveal that one or more of the following sources of danger were involved:
- Roadway Defects – Improperly maintained roads can pose serious hazards, especially to motorcycles that are more sensitive to road conditions and rough terrain.
- Motorcycle Defects or Malfunctions – If a part malfunctions during operation, a serious accident could occur. It may be possible to hold the manufacturer accountable for the defect.
- Negligent or Reckless Drivers – Drivers have a responsibility to operate their vehicles in a reasonable and safe manner while on the road. Motorcycles are entitled to the same rights as other motorists.
- Intoxicated Motorists – If someone has consumed alcohol and is driving, he or she may not be able to see bikers or react quickly enough to avoid a serious accident.
- Distracted Drivers – Distractions behind the wheel, including the use of social media, talking on the phone, eating, drinking, grooming, or other distractions can be deadly.
- Aggressive Driving – Tailgating or driving aggressively can be especially dangerous if done around a motorcycle. Drivers should exercise caution and practice defensive driving, and not behave aggressively on the road.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Some common injuries that motorcyclists may suffer in the event of a collision with another vehicle are:
- Broken bones and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Paralysis (quadriplegia, paraplegia)
- Friction burns or “road rash”
- Injuries to the face or other head trauma
Delayed injuries from motorcycle accidents
It is important to seek medical attention after a collision because a trained healthcare professional can best evaluate your condition. However, there are several other injuries that may not be discovered for days or even weeks after the accident including whiplash, soft tissue damage, concussion, back or neck injuries and emotional distress. Symptoms to be aware of after a motorcycle accident are:
- Stiffness in shoulder or neck
- Pain in shoulder, neck or back
- Numbness in extremities like hands or arms
- Pain, bruising, swelling in the abdominal area
- Issues with memory, movement or vision/hearing
- Anxiety or flashbacks
CONTACT HABUSH HABUSH & ROTTIER
At Habush Habush & Rottier, we’ve been successfully representing injured persons since 1930. We fight for what is right and our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys and staff are dedicated to getting our clients full compensation for their losses. There are no upfront fees—we don’t get paid unless you do.
We are committed to helping injured motorcyclists pursue legal claims. Contact the lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier at 800-2-HABUSH.