Legal ServicesWage and Overtime Claims

How can Habush unpaid wage lawyers help

Unfortunately, far too many Wisconsin employees face unfair treatments at the hands of their employers, often causing them undue financial hardship.

If you or a loved one are not getting paid correctly or on time, talk to an experienced unpaid wages lawyer today to review your legal options.

Connect with us to discuss the details of your situation:

    why choose HABUSH for your unpaid wage case

    Certified Trial Lawyers

    Certified Trial Lawyers

    We have more National Board of Trial Advocacy certified trial lawyers than any other firm in the United States

    Billions Recovered

    Billions Recovered

    Over the last 90 years our firm has recovered billions of dollars in compensation for our clients. More than all other Wisconsin firms combined.

    No Upfront Fees

    No Upfront Fees

    We will never rush to settle your case, and there are no upfront fees, so we don’t get paid unless you do.


    Violations of wage and overtime rights can occur in several different ways. The following is a brief list of some of the most common wage violations we see in Wisconsin:

    • Failure to pay overtime wages to hourly and salaried employees
    • Failure to pay workers for work performed off-the-clock
    • Requiring workers to perform work duties during unpaid lunch breaks
    • Unlawful automatic paycheck deductions
    • Failure to pay employees minimum wage


    Employers can cheat their employees of overtime pay in virtually any job sector, but employees in some sectors are more vulnerable to unpaid wages than others. Some of the most common job sectors where lost or unpaid wages occur include:

    • Unpaid Commissions and Bonuses for Salespersons
    • Minimum Wage Violations for Restaurant Workers and Tipped Employees
    • Overtime Pay for IT Workers
    • Overtime Pay for Nurses & Hospital Personnel
    • Overtime Pay for Installation & Services Technicians
    • Overtime Pay for Call Center Employees
    • Overtime Pay for Insurance Agents
    • Overtime Pay for Mortgage Underwriters

    >> Learn more about who qualifies and who’s exempt from overtime pay

    If you have been denied the compensation you deserve, we are prepared to help you pursue compensation for the wages you should have been paid.


    If you believe that your employer has failed to pay you the unpaid wages you deserve, you may be entitled to file a claim for money that you are owed, in addition to penalty damages. Contact Jason Knutson with Habush Habush & Rottier today at 608-255-6663 to speak with an experienced legal professional about the details of your case and learn more about how we can help.

    Unpaid Wages FAQs

    If you live in the state of Wisconsin here are steps that you can take to recover unpaid wages.

    The first step is to file a wage complaint with the Department of Workforce Development against your current or former employer for unpaid wages. Your unpaid wage claim must be filed within two years of when the wages were earned and payable.

    After filing a wage complaint an investigator assigned to your complaint gives notice and a copy of your complaint to your employer. The notice gives the employer the option to either:

    • Pay the disputed wages
    • Provide information that disputes the validity of the claim

    The Department of Workforce Development is not biased. In matters of wage complaints, it is the responsibility of the employer and the complainants to provide information that establishes validity for their side. Based on the merits of the complaint, the investigator will issue a written decision that determines whether or not wages are due. If wages are due the investigator requests payment from the employer.

    Based on the many factors involved, investigations can be very complex. The level of complexity can cause the process to last up to several months. If complainants feel that the process is taking too long they can file their claims in court.

    Overtime is paid to an employee who works more than 40 hours in a seven-day workweek. When an employee works more than 40 hours in a week they are to be paid one and one-half times (time and a half) the regular rate for all hours over 40.

    They did a wonderful job. Excellent and prompt communication from start to finish. My attorney, Breanne Snapp, had a clear plan that she executed perfectly. Better than expected outcome. Can not argue with that result. I highly recommend their services and will certainly use them for any future legal needs.

    - Andrew, Madison, WI