After a car accident, it’s normal to have a lot of questions. Between missing work, being in pain, and dealing with insurance companies, it’s hard to know what to do. This is when hiring a car accident lawyer can help.
Ideally, you should talk to a lawyer shortly after the accident. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the sooner the lawyer can access medical records, and police reports, talk with witnesses, and preserve evidence. In Wisconsin, the statute of limitations for car accidents is generally three years from the date of the accident. However, waiting could have a negative effect on how your case ultimately resolves.
Should I get a lawyer for a car accident?
If you are unsure about hiring a lawyer, here are some questions to consider:
- Were you seriously injured in the accident?
- Will you miss work due to your injuries?
- Did the insurance company offer you a small settlement right away?
- Are there multiple people or insurance companies involved in the accident?
- Was the other driver uninsured?
- Is there going to be an argument about who was at fault?
A car accident lawyer can help you navigate all the “what ifs” that come up after an accident. Our team offers a free consultation to discuss your accident. These are the most common types of Wisconsin auto accident cases:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Defects
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Head-on Accidents
- Side Impact Collisions
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
If someone gets seriously injured in these types of accidents. They should contact a car accident lawyer within 1-2 weeks after the accident.
Is it Worth Hiring A Lawyer for a Car Accident?
In Wisconsin, there are several types of recoveries for victims of car accidents, including:
- Medical Expenses. Even a minor injury can require a trip to the emergency department, follow-up visits and more. These medical expenses for a car accident can add up quickly.
- Lost Income. Many injuries from car accidents may prevent you from working.
- Car Value. Not only are you entitled to compensation for the costs of all car repairs, but also for the car’s diminished value.
The aftermath of a car accident can be very daunting. Making that first call to an attorney might just be the help you need. The car accident attorneys at Habush Habush & Rottier will help you decide whether legal representation makes sense in your situation. Contact us today.